Dutch based Lovink Enertech supplies world class products to the electrical industry. Equipped with expertise in product development, research, testing, in-house production we sell MV cable accessories based on our unique technology. The vacancy is a perfect opportunity to contribute to our mission of providing customers with reliable and competitive products, now and in the future.
The Lead Chemical Development Engineer is the expert for the chemical aspects of our existing products and within development and engineering projects. The opportunity to work on new developments as well as supporting customers on existing products, together with your colleagues, creates a dynamic work atmosphere in this position. A modern equipped materials laboratory is the domain of this Development Engineer.
Depending on the development phase, you provide analyses relating to the exploration and feasibility of new developments, make proposals for the approach or deliver (test) reports. As an expert, you design, analyse and validate the chemical aspects of product development. This mainly concerns materials that are or can be applied in cable joints or accessories. You work closely with colleagues from the Engineering & Development department, but also with the Marketing, Sales and Operations departments. Developing long-term technical concepts are often in collaboration with Universities and knowledge centres. In the role of project leader, you are the driving force.
The correct functioning of the developments and new products must be validated or demonstrated in practice. To this end, as a Development Engineer you design test set-ups and draw up test plans which you often carry out in our laboratories. You follow developments within the field and advise production and sales, agents and the purchasing department in terms of product or component specifications.
You work closely with fellow engineers on a daily basis, each of whom has their own expertise within the complex technology that comes together in our products; industrial product design, mechanics, thermodynamics, chemistry and electrical engineering/high-voltage technology.
Fit for the job
You are a self starting professional, capable of executing work independently and you lead (sub) projects. You work systematically, you experienced in set-up and writing project- and test plans and (test) reports. You are highly motivated, broadly interested, inquisitive, creative and result-oriented. You look for cooperation, you are communicative. Your network provides many new impulses for both operational and strategic issues. You enjoy both the theoretical and the practical elements in the job.
- HBO/TU working and thinking level with a relevant technical education, direction Chemical technology or chemistry (polymer chemistry and technology);
- thorough knowledge of polymers; experience with processing silicones is a plus;
- willingness to acquire knowledge of e.g. electrical and mechanical engineering;
- the ambition to be busy within the entire spectrum of product development, from initial idea to product launch and at the same time with (customer-specific) modifications.
- Fluent in English, preferable fluent in Dutch. German is an advantage.
We offer you
- a challenging position within an international and innovative company.
- a position in a flexible and dynamic organization with short lines of communication.
- dedicated training and personal development programs as we strongly believe in permanent education.
- a competitive salary package
- appropriate secondary employment conditions.
Mail your curriculum vitae and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Function: Dennis Bergsma, Manager Engineering & Development, +31 612 44 39 80.
- Procedure: Kim Bisselink, HRM specialist, tel. +31 315 33 56 52